Friday, April 23, 2010

Lane Bryant Commercial

What an outrage for women everywhere.  Not just plus size ladies but women in general.  Fox and ABC has decided not to air the following Lane Bryant commerical because it is too "racy" for their 8 p.m. time slots.  I guess it's perfectly fine to watch the Victoria's Secret models parade around scantily clad not only in also in their yearly "fashion show" aired on national televison. 

This troubles me because it sends the wrong message to women and young girls.  And if you ask me, the woman in the video looks beautiful.  Sure she has cleavage, but no more than Niecy Nash on Dancing with the Stars or Pamela Anderson.  Curves are beautiful.  We should be able to accept that and the media/marketing shouldn't target us with size 0 women who have no real Lady Lumps!!  Real women have curves!                    












1 comment:

  1. I agree. The whole thing is just absolutely ridiculous. Makes me sad.
    On a happier note, check out the blog award I gave you:
    http://frugalfatshionfrenzy.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-first-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete